[Libreoffice] Naming builds. Please???

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:30:07 PST 2011

Stephan Bergmann-2 wrote

> Using pretty-printed dates would make it easier to disambiguate the
> seven-letter commit ID prefixes to the complete IDs if later commits
> happen to introduce IDs with the same prefix (in which case the commit
> date would help narrow done in which commit range to look for the given
> prefix).  (Not that the full Git IDs are unambiguous, either.  But when
> they start to clash, we are fucked, anyway.)

May I argue that the Age code I propose on this topic fixes that problem?
Since it is an age, there is no chance that in the future the code will
repeat itself.

The truncated 7 letters of the SHA may happen to repeat (although the
probability is possibly very low)

Just a correction to my previous email: in ten years the core would be
4085.31260 which is easily distinguished from the current builds which are
around 414.91491

Best regards,
Pedro