[Libreoffice] Naming builds. Please???

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 06:37:09 PST 2011

Hi Lionel

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote

> You may have missed that my "seconds since the epoch" (in my example:
> 1321480648) is also an age, and has mostly the same properties. It is
> somewhat longer than your format, since it takes an earlier epoch (the
> standard Unix epoch, 1 Jan 1970).
>
> I don't care strongly which epoch we take; IMHO the Unix epoch is a bit
> easier to handle since standard tools already know this format, but
> that's a pretty minor point. <shrug>

I didn't miss it. But because I'm not a Dev, I'm not sure I understood.

Do you mean converting the time of extraction from the repositories to a
linear time?

Wouldn't the values for all repositories be the same if you extract them all
at the same time?

If it's based on the last time they were updated wouldn't the value be the
same if all the repositories were updated at the same time?

This is why I'm suggesting an arbitrary birth date with (at least) a 2 day
difference (see other email to Petr)

Best regards,
Pedro