[Libreoffice] ecofont

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:46:53 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM, 810d4rk <810d4rk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, may I ask if it is possible to include ecofont
> (www.ecofont.com/assets/files/ecofont_vera_sans_regular.zip) in
> libreoffice?

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. Do you have further information about
the licensing of that font?

The only external information about "ecofont" licensing that I could
dig up is here at debian:

I looked at the EcoFont FAQ, but most of their licensing information
seems to be for per-site or per-seat arrangements:
http://www.ecofont.com/en/help/ecofont/faq/0022.html

For LibreOffice to consider the inclusion of a font, it will need to
be available under terms compatible with the project's licensing:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/

The EcoFont toner-saving concept is pretty nifty. If the licensing can
be straightened-out, it's definitely worth considering for inclusion.

Cheers,
-- Robinson