[Libreoffice] XDG config migration

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Dec 7 05:58:21 PST 2011

Petr Mladek píše v Út 06. 12. 2011 v 19:57 +0100:
> Tomáš Chvátal píše v Po 05. 12. 2011 v 10:40 +0100:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > After updating to 3.5 quite few people reported that their
> > configuration is gone and they have default setup.
> >
> > The reason for this is that 3.5 now uses XDG spec
> > ~/.config/libreoffice instead of ~/.libreoffice. Simple copy of later
> > folder to replace the former one solved the issued for everyone.
>
> Strange, it seems that the original ~/.libreoffice/3 path is checked
> here.
>
> AFAIK, the important code is in desktop/source/migration/migration.cxx
> in MigrationImpl::findInstallation. I printed the checked  aUserInst
> paths and got:
>
> 	file:///home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3
> 	file:///home/pmladek/.openoffice.org/3
>
> I see that it even creates the file ~/.libreoffice/3/MIGRATED.
> Well, I am not sure if it really migrates the options.

Hmm, It did not really migrate the options :-(

strace shows that it ignores
file:///home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu

Instead it looks for
/home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Inet.xcu
/home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Calc.xcu
/home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Chart.xcu
/home/pmladek/.libreoffice/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu

I am afraid that there is no support to migrate the optimized
registrymodifications.xcu. It think that it was new in LO-3.3 and we did
not need it to migrate from .openoffice.org/3/

I hacked MigrationImpl::copyConfig to use user/registrymodifications.xcu
instead of the single .xcu files. It did not help. It must be more
complicated.

Does anyone has a better knowledge of this pice of code?

Best Regards,
Petr