[Libreoffice] XDG config migration

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 06:13:47 PST 2011

On 12/07/2011 02:58 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Petr Mladek píše v Út 06. 12. 2011 v 19:57 +0100:
> I am afraid that there is no support to migrate the optimized
> registrymodifications.xcu. It think that it was new in LO-3.3 and we did
> not need it to migrate from .openoffice.org/3/
>
> I hacked MigrationImpl::copyConfig to use user/registrymodifications.xcu
> instead of the single .xcu files. It did not help. It must be more
> complicated.
>
> Does anyone has a better knowledge of this pice of code?

configmgr itself migrates its data on demand.  Upon initialization, if
there is no user/registrymodifications.xcu yet, it tries to load the
.xcs/.xcu files from user/registry/ and writes them out as initial
user/registrymodifications.xcu.

Hence, the explicit migration code never needed to take care of that.

Stephan