[Libreoffice] Developing new built-in functions within LibreCalc

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Wed Dec 7 14:05:14 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 15:23 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Now, I wouldn't say that we can never include new functions that are
> not yet specified in the standard, since we still need to continue to
> push the envelope and add innovative functionality even if that
> requires extending the ODF format.  OTOH, doing that would come with
> an overhead of optionally turning off storing that feature to the file
> because we need to be able to generate documents that are strictly ODF
> compliant.

Eike told me on IRC that there is a way to include custom functions in
ODF documents without making them non-conformant, by putting the
functions under ORG.LIBREOFFICE namespace.  But he too thinks that for
this use case, Add-In would be the best approach.

FYI,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc