[Libreoffice] postresql-sdbc bits out of minutes of tech. steering call

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:44:13 PST 2011

Hi Lionel,

Le 09/12/11 01:52, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :
> Try: otool -L /path/to/your/postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib If that's
> indeed the problem, you can solve it with the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
> envvar, but then, how do we fix it for *all* our users (that have an
> ABI-compatible libpq installed) automatically, since their
> libq.5.dylib may be at another path than on our build machine? Or
> maybe MacOS X work "à la Microsoft Windows" for libraries in that
> every application is supposed to bundle a copy of every dynamic
> library it uses? I wouldn't have expected so.

Here's my otool output :

otool -L
/Users/Shared/LO/master/connectivity/unxmacxi.pro/lib/postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib

/Users/Shared/LO/master/connectivity/unxmacxi.pro/lib/postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib:

@__________________________________________________OOO/postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib
(compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 227.0.0)
    @loader_path/../ure-link/lib/libuno_cppu.dylib.3 (compatibility
version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    @loader_path/../ure-link/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3
(compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    @loader_path/../ure-link/lib/libuno_sal.dylib.3 (compatibility
version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    @loader_path/../ure-link/lib/libuno_salhelpergcc3.dylib.3
(compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    libpq.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.3.0)
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 88.3.11)
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 7.4.0)
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)

Note that I actually have 2 postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib files in my
tree, which have different sizes ! Not quite sure why, as my
understanding was that the one in solver was simply a copy of the one in
connectivity ?

Alex