[Libreoffice] postresql-sdbc bits out of minutes of tech. steering call

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Dec 9 03:24:28 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:35:51AM +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 09/12/11 01:52, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

>> Now that I think of it, since libpq is in a path like
>> /Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/libpq.5.dylib, how is it supposed to be
>> found by the dynamic linker at runtime?

> If I compare with the postgres OXT file on Linux, the connector includes
> the impl.uno file, which weighs in at 6.2Mb uncompressed. However, the
> Mac OXT in comparison does not include the impl.uno file in its bundle,
> so maybe it is just a packaging issue ?

That would indeed make it not work, as this contains the actual
driver!

But I'm clueless as to why that is so. The Mac OS .oxt file has
postgresql-sdbc.uno.dylib, but not postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.dylib if I
understand right?

Maybe I can find a clue in verbose build log of postgresql-sdbc?
Here's how to get one:

source Env.Host.sh
cd connectivity
find unxmac* -name '*postgresql*' -or -name 'pq_*' | xargs rm
build verbose=T 2>&1 | tee build.log

And then the build log is in file build.log

--
Lionel