[Libreoffice] build error

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at poste.it
Fri Dec 9 10:23:57 PST 2011

Hi Winfried, please find my comments below.

On 12/09/2011 05:10 PM, Winfried Donkers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just got a new computer, which should make LibO much faster than my old machine does :) .
> Unfortunately, I get a make error:
> .../core/solver/unxlngi6.pro/bin/cppunit/cppunittester: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so: undefined symbol: cairo_surface_create_for_rectangle
> make[2]: *** [.../core/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CppunitTest/hwpfilter_test_hwpfilter.test] Error 1

If I remember correctly I had the same problem when first trying to
build LibO on kubuntu 11.10 (thus in a KDE environment) and I solved it
by disabling Oxigen style in System settings panel, more precisely in
"Application Appearance"/"GTK+ appearance"/"Widget style", and setting
it to Raleigh. Probably I also rebooted the machine before trying to
build LibO again. This solution will probably affect the appearance of
LibO itself. I didn't test other configurations, my machine is much
slower than yours.

Hope this helps, let me know if you find better solutions.

Matteo