[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Call for LO-3.5.0-beta1 pre-tag testing

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:46:26 PST 2011

Hi Andras

> You use your Windows with an administrator account. It is not
> recommended, however I know that many people do this.  Therefore
> LibreOffice can write into its own Program Files folder.

This is how all personal Windows XP PCs work. Only in
companies/schools/etc does it work differently.
By default the Windows XP user accounts are created as Admin so that
you can install/remove any programs.

If that is what is causing the leftovers then the location of the
files should be modified. All personal files should be created in the
user Profile (and optionally removed on Uninstall) regardless of the
user permissions.

> It is hard to remove files that were not installed by MSI. Not
> impossible, but probably I won't spend time on that, because AFAIK
> Windows 7 does not let this happen. I'm more interested in those
> leftovers, if any, when you start LibreOffice with a non priviliged
> user account.

Yes, it is true that WIndows Vista and 7 have greater protection but
nearly 40% of all PC users worlwide still use Windows XP. I think TDF
shouldn't neglect them :)

Even if the Admin doesn't use LO at all :) the "share" folder and all
subfolders/items (see PDF linked in previous post) are still leftover.

--
Pedro