[Libreoffice] Cups.h Missing

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Dec 13 03:58:56 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 15:52 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
> Trying to compile older versions of OOo in order to track down a bug
> but I'm hitting a missing cups.h when trying to compile. I have the
> appropriate cups dev files installed. I have tried on Bodhi as well as
> Ubuntu 11.10. I also have verified that cups.h exists in the
> appropriate folder

	Your configure should fail if cups/cups.h is not included:

dnl check for cups support
dnl ===================================================================
if test "$test_cups" = "yes"; then
    AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether cups support is present])
    AC_CHECK_LIB(cups, cupsPrintFiles)
    AC_CHECK_HEADER(cups/cups.h, AC_DEFINE(HAVE_CUPS_H))
    if test "$ac_cv_lib_cups_cupsPrintFiles" != "yes" -a "$ac_cv_header_cups_cups_h" != "yes"; then
        AC_MSG_ERROR([Could not find CUPS. Install libcupsys2-dev or cups???-devel.])
    fi
fi

	Can you provide some more details on exactly what you're trying to
compile ? and what the error is ? Really - compiling OO.o is not
advisable ;-) you would prolly do better with a root cause analysis than
trying to do that. What is the bug ?

	ATB,

		Michael.