[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Java 7 support in LO 3.4.5 (was: minutes of tech. steering call ...)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:59:01 PST 2011

Michael Meeks-2 wrote

> 	Gosh; when you say 'crashed' - it took down the whole office suite ?
> that is a pretty horrendous existing bug it'd be nice to fix.

More gory details:

1) If you install LOdev and no Java is installed, LO 3.5.0 won't even start.
It crashes on the Splash screen while trying to load the Solver for
Nonlinear Programming and the Mediawiki Publisher extensions. Removing these
two allows to load LOdev.

2) Oddly enough on my other Win XP Pro x86 SP3 machine, after uninstalling
Java, LO 3.4.4 also crashes when starting the Letter Wizard. Uninstalling LO
3.4.4, installing again didn't stop it from crashing. The only solution was
to delete the user profile. Now it shows the proper warning that JRE is
needed :)

3) Following the same logic, deleted the LOdev profile and now 3.5.0 also
shows the same nice "JRE needed" message when executing the Letter Wizard
instead of crashing. Similarly, when I re-enabled the extensions mentioned
on 1) LO shows the nice "JRE needed" message, instead of crashing. There is
definitely some problem with whatever is on the profile...

4) Just noticed that the Wizard items have a nice icon on the left in LO
3.4.4 but not in 3.5.0. Should I add a bug report about this?

--
Pedro