[Libreoffice] Tell me Easy Hack 42782 "remove a dog ! " is a joke !

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Dec 15 04:45:14 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:58:52AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 13:14 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > I'm really offended by
> > This is a software project, if you have some political,
> > cultural or religious agenda, please take it somewhere else.
>
> 	I'm sorry you're offended Khaled; this is (I suspect) a consequence of
> our growth - that we have a diverse and healthy project: so we can now
> start the infighting ! :-)

May be offended was a strong word, it should read "concerned about the
attitude", it is a little hypocritical to ask "others" to respect your
culture while you are showing no respect to theirs, after all
LibreOffice users are not French immigrants who have to either accept
the French "ideals" or return back to their homes.

> 	I'm well aware that many people will not like many of the things that I
> stand for, and be offended by some of my opinions :-) personally I'd
> like to hope that I can still air them from time to time, and people
> will put up with me: IMHO having some secularness and blandness
> censorship filter of discourse on IRC will only create other channels
> that people will migrate to.

It is not about personal opinion, everyone is free to say whatever he
likes, but suggesting that it should be a project policy to accept only
culture X values and implying it is inherently superior than culture Y
values is no longer a personal opinion.

Regards,
 Khaled