[Libreoffice] assertion in SwIndexReg::~SwIndexReg

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Dec 15 07:29:59 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 08:56 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 12/15/2011 12:59 AM, Terrence Enger wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > How on earh can soffice.bin know that I did anything in
> > gnome-terminal?
>
> Due to the clipboard being a resource shared across all applications.

<aside audience="self">

  Calm down, Terry.  Stop sputtering.

  This *is* a GUI environment, so you have to expect
  notifications of things to be flying around everywhere,
  even between applications, and even if you do not
  understand why LibreOffice should care about the clipboard
  when it is doing neither a copy nor a paste.  Just accept
  it.

  Nowhere is it written that you will understand everything.

</aside>

Stephan,

So, I take it, the helpful question to investigate is the
reason why the state of the object violates the
expectation--the expectation that the container is empty--
that the destructor asserts.  Or, coming from the opposite
side of the question, why should the destructor expect the
container to be empty by that time?

With luck, I shall be able to progress a little bit in that
direction before I have to ask for help again.

Thank you for your help.
Terry.