[Libreoffice] postgresql bits in minutes of tech. steering call

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Dec 15 10:11:13 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 05:40:27PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> * postgresql bits
> AA:	+ checking pg baseline on windows (Fridrich)

I had understood this as: "Check Kerberos/GSSAPI on our GNU/Linux
baseline, to see if we can use it as a system library". So nothing on
Windows.

On this, someone said on the talk "we use only libc" (and I implicitly
understood: in the binaries we distribute). This made me feel rather
bad for proposing adding MIT Kerberos to that list, but I found that a
rather suspicious claim, since to my knowledge we do not internalise
any of GDK, GTK, QT,/std gstreamer, gconf, fontconfig or freetype, so
I checked, from our .deb packages for 3.4.4 for 64 bits (amd64
architecture).

soffice.bin uses also X11 stuff (OK, I'll let that one slide as "as
low-level as libc as far as an X11 program is concerned...") and
libfreetype. The various .so files use a non-trivial list, among which
for example libgpg-error, libgtk-x11-2.0, libjpeg, libqt-mt, libpcre,
libgnomevfs-2, ...

So maybe I misunderstood what was being said?

--
Lionel