[Libreoffice] [RFC] COMPRESSMODE_FULL

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at poste.it
Thu Dec 15 15:08:26 PST 2011

Hi everybody,
    some days ago I stumbled upon vcl Rectangle SvStream >> and <<
operators (gen.cxx). Their implementation handles the case that the
stream is compressed as COMPRESSMODE_FULL (and can surely be improved).
For better understanding I opengrok'ed this COMPRESSMODE_FULL and it
turns out to be used in just 7 [1] files (1 for definition, 2 just set
it and the remaining 4 use it for selecting I/O implementation).
Regarding I/O implementations, all of them can be improved but I think
that that of Polygon is also broken. I was planning to clean/fix these,
but the main question, due to this limited use, is if this feature is
really used/needed or can be completely removed. Any idea?

Thanks for any hint

Ciao
Matteo

[1]
definition:
  /core/tools/inc/tools/stream.hxx
set:
  /binfilter/binfilter/bf_svtools/source/filter.vcl/filter/svt_filter.cxx
  /core/svtools/source/filter/filter.cxx
check:
  /core/tools/source/generic/gen.cxx
  /core/tools/source/generic/color.cxx
  /core/tools/source/generic/poly.cxx
  /binfilter/binfilter/bf_svx/source/xoutdev/svx__xpoly.cxx