[Libreoffice] [RFC] COMPRESSMODE_FULL

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Dec 16 02:52:12 PST 2011

Matteo Casalin wrote:
> From my understanding, if we remove these 2 calls that set te
> COMPRESSMODE_FULL flag then there is no reason to keep the code that
> depend on that, unless the svstream acquires the flag from the stream
> itself or that it's set by calling the set function with a "magic
> number" instead of the #define.

Quite. Now really looking into what vcl/source/gdi/gdimtf.cxx does,
the nStmCompressMode is *read* from the input, but then happily
ignored - so the code, as it is, will already balk on thusly written
files. The only other use I see is internal, i.e. within the same
running LibO instance - so yeah, go & kill this off! :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten