[Libreoffice] Build problems (and some solutions) in Mac OSX

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Dec 20 00:38:24 PST 2011

You fail to give useful information to help you with your problems...

- What version of MacOSX are you running? What Xcode?
- What branch of the source code are you building?
- What exact error messages do you see, at what point in the build?
- How exactly did you configure your build? What does your
autogen.lastrun look like?

Anyway, some general answers to your question:
- Yes. LibreOffice can be built on MacOSX. As far as I know, on
versions from 10.4 to 10.7. (Myself I build on 10.7.) From the normal
sources.
- Yes, nothing extra is supposed to be needed, as long as you
--disable-mozilla. At least on 10.7 that's true, but then the Perl
there seems to come with the modules you mention. Maybe on earlier
versions it didn't.
- The master branch, and 3.5, use a different git repository structure
than earlier versions. In master and 3.5, there is one repository for
code, "core", and then optional repositories for localisation and
help. In 3.4 there was a whole bunch of repositories for code.

--tml