[Libreoffice] Build problems (and some solutions) in Mac OSX

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Dec 21 04:10:39 PST 2011

Hi James,

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 23:20 +1300, James C wrote:
> I am currently building libreoffice-3-5, and will have some
> investigation to do, after it stops.

	Great :-)

> Michael, yes, changing branches required much less bandwidth than
> initially downloading.

	Good.

>   In order to get something sensible, I had to
> learn about --track, because the default on my version of GIT
> (1.7.7.3, downloaded pre-built from Google Code) seems to be
> non-tracking and detached HEADs.

	I've never used --track - but if you say so :-)

> What's the normal delay, for a patch to get from master to
> libreoffice-3-5?  I'm asking because having a delay is sensible, to
> wait for obscure trouble, and mine has not made it yet.

	Oh ! if you want your patch back-ported to -3-5 you need to post it on
the list here with a "[REVIEW-3-5] description of patch" Subject - and
someone will check & cherry-pick it for you. There is nothing automatic
about that, and of course we're only accepting bug-fixes in -3-5 as of
now (past the feature freeze).

> None of this is urgent.  I'll come back to you-all when I have some
> results from my build.

	Great - hopefully you'll get a build this time :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.