[Libreoffice] Build problems (and some solutions) in Mac OSX

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 21 04:29:03 PST 2011

Hi James, *,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM, James C
<james.from.wellington at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Christian, if I resort to removing macports, is there a standard set
> of instructions for cleaning up after it?

When I talk about removing macports, I mean removing traces of it from
your environment. I don't know macports, but fink did install
everything (and really everything into a dedicated non-system
directory. To disable it, it was enough to not source (load) the
shell-file that did setup environment variables in the user's profile.

If macports works similarily, and doesn't mess with system paths -
this method should work as well.
I.e. check your environment variables, especially $PATH for references
to the directories macports uses and eliminate them.

> [...]
> I'm not sure that the tinderbox is recording recent MacOSX builds.
> When I click on the link in the red box, it says something about
> "12/13 17:58".

12/13? that result is over a week old - so of no use at all (esp.
since there have been plenty of builds in the meantime)

But yes, some buildslaves focus on master, other focus on the
release-branch, and some build both - but in any case the platform
should be represented with at least one builder in any tree (and for
Mac, this is the case).

ciao
Christian