[Libreoffice] Should the Thesaurus/mythes use a precomputed index (installer file size)

Steven Butler sebutler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 03:51:07 PST 2011

On 1 February 2011 07:53, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist at novell.com> wrote:

> With the clarification that it is the *Cygwin* command line, yes.
>
>> seems I already have gnu make in my path on windows from the mingw
>
> Nah, that is not usable for this. It must be the Cygwin make that is used for this (and other Cygwin tools, as described in the wiki). (The Cygwin make is as such not used for much in the LO build process, just at the very top level. For the rest LO's own "dmake" is used.) And to avoid any possibility of confusion, make sure your non-related development environment(s) don't show up in any environment variables (PATH, LIBS, etc) in the LO build environment.
>
> --tml

Ok, I've not done any more work on developing this as I have been
working on getting a win32 (actually 64 bit win 7) build environment
working tonight.

I haven't got very far but I will try to note the steps I've taken as
I go.  I'm currently going to have to give up for the night as it is
complaining about the MozillaBuildSetup tools and it's 79 MB and
coming down from ftp.mozilla.com at dialup speed :(

I'm very new to git so I gave up on --reference and just did a
straight clone from my SMB share, which was relatively quick, but of
course I only got the bootstrap.  Once I get past bootstrap stage, is
the git part going to grab relative to bootstrap or go straight to
libreoffice.org?  I was thinking about manually cloning each of the
repositories in the clone directory if necessary to short circuit
this.

Here's my steps so far:

1. Install Cygwin - pick all development tools and install (much later)
2. Clone the bootstrap git project from SMB share and copied the src files.
3. In Cygwin shell, the autogen failed with an odd error related to
Native programs and symlinks.  I got past this by doing the following:
    cd /bin
    rm /usr/bin/awk
	cp /usr/bin/gawk.exe awk.exe
	cp /usr/bin/gzip.exe gunzip.exe
4. After this, it seemed to pick my MSVC2008 Express install as the
compiler (I also had several cygwin gcc versions installed but it
seems to have ignored them), then I needed to add the jdk 6 home to
the config option
    ./autogen.sh --with-jdk-home=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_18/
5. I now find I need the mozilla build tools and to add another config option
	Download http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32/MozillaBuildSetup-Latest.exe
	(very slow 2 hour download :( ) will install it in the morning if
it's finished downloading...

I'll keep adding to this list in case it helps someone else out.

--
Regards,
Steven Butler