[Libreoffice] Should the Thesaurus/mythes use a precomputed index (installer file size)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Feb 1 04:26:53 PST 2011

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 21:51 +1000, Steven Butler wrote:
> I'm very new to git so I gave up on --reference and just did a
> straight clone from my SMB share, which was relatively quick, but of
> course I only got the bootstrap.

	Sounds great; I would just copy across the clone/ directory too, and
also src/ - since you'll need all of that.

>   Once I get past bootstrap stage, is
> the git part going to grab relative to bootstrap or go straight to
> libreoffice.org?  I was thinking about manually cloning each of the
> repositories in the clone directory if necessary to short circuit
> this.

	Sure - you can do that.

> 3. In Cygwin shell, the autogen failed with an odd error related to
> Native programs and symlinks.  I got past this by doing the following:
>     cd /bin
>     rm /usr/bin/awk
> 	cp /usr/bin/gawk.exe awk.exe
> 	cp /usr/bin/gzip.exe gunzip.exe

	Urk; I guess we should try to patch/fix our autogen.sh to work more
nicely - or is this unavoidable ?

> 4. After this, it seemed to pick my MSVC2008 Express install as the
> compiler (I also had several cygwin gcc versions installed but it
> seems to have ignored them), then I needed to add the jdk 6 home to
> the config option
>     ./autogen.sh --with-jdk-home=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_18/
..
> I'll keep adding to this list in case it helps someone else out.

	It'd be great to have it all in a 'Building for Windows' wiki page in
our wiki somewhere - no doubt Jesus / Tor / Fridrich can point you to
where best for that.

	Thanks !

		Michael.