[Libreoffice] win32 build errors in svtools modules

Steven Butler sebutler at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 03:28:05 PST 2011

On 6 February 2011 15:32, Steven Butler <sebutler at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will see how much further into the build I can get now svtools is building.

I am now trying to build framework and it all compiles okay but I'm
getting really strange undefined symbol errors that I can't figure
out.

   Creating library ../wntmsci12.pro/lib/ifwi.lib and object
../wntmsci12.pro/lib/ifwi.exp
ifwi.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _real at 3f800000
ifwi.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _real at 41efffffffe00000
ifwi.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _real at 41f0000000000000
../wntmsci12.pro/bin/fwimi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
dmake:  Error code 2, while making '../wntmsci12.pro/bin/fwimi.dll'

I haven't been able to figure out where these symbols come from but
they're defined as R in a number of files in the slo directory and are
present in items like converter.obj

I tried compiling with "build debug=true" after removing the
wntmsci12.pro directory but I don't think it gave me any more
information - I don't see any debug symbols.

Does anyone have any idea what these symbols are and where they should
be defined, or failing that how to get one or two of the obj files to
build with symbols.

Is there a method for tracing these symbols back to their source.
Normally the symbols have a bit more meaning than _real.

I have built the same git c091d6adaf73e913264a890665ce2315c002851b
commit of framework under Ubuntu without issue and there's no sign of
these odd _real at XXX symbols.

Regards
Steven Butler