[Libreoffice] Fwd: [tdf-discuss] Problem with linking external sheets in CALC

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Tue Feb 8 20:16:41 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 20:19 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> Hi OP and Kohei-san,
>
> FYI, consider this as a nasty hack or a bug?

Well, if the sheet name of an external document changes, of course it
will break links.  Nothing we can do about that.

> Is there any faster way how to update these broken links?

Perhaps you could try search and replace and replace the sheet name
globally.  After that (or even before the search & replace) you can
delete the old linkage from the Edit - Links... dialog.  The new link
gets established as soon as the first cell gets fetched from the
external doc.

> Or could someone to make a sugestion to the developers to fix it

So, what's broken in the current implementation?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>