[Libreoffice] Strange Shared object xxx not found errors

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Wed Feb 9 01:16:31 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:47:46AM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> I don't think --enable-new-dtags was the culprit. I have updated the sources
> with g pull since my last mail and I only get these errors now:
>
> /usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -luno_sal
> /usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -lcosv
>
> Seems like the same sort of trouble I had, only directly with ld instead
> of g++

Correction: it is not the same issue. This time, the files are not where
dmake think they are.

I have libuno_sal.so files in:
  solver/330/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so
  clone/ure/sal/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so

The failing command runs from:
  salhelper/source

with -L../unxdflyx3.pro/lib

The problem is salhelper/source/../unxdflyx3.pro/lib is empty and
libuno_sal.so is in salhelper/source/../../sal/unxdflyx3.pro/lib

I'm not sure what file should be where; the amount of symbolic links is a
bit confusing...

--
Francois Tigeot