[Libreoffice] Strange Shared object xxx not found errors

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 05:49:21 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 10:16 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:47:46AM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> >
> > I don't think --enable-new-dtags was the culprit. I have updated the sources
> > with g pull since my last mail and I only get these errors now:
> >
> > /usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -luno_sal
> > /usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: cannot find -lcosv
> >
> > Seems like the same sort of trouble I had, only directly with ld instead
> > of g++
>
> Correction: it is not the same issue. This time, the files are not where
> dmake think they are.
>
> I have libuno_sal.so files in:
>   solver/330/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so
>   clone/ure/sal/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so
>
> The failing command runs from:
>   salhelper/source
>
> with -L../unxdflyx3.pro/lib
>
> The problem is salhelper/source/../unxdflyx3.pro/lib is empty and
> libuno_sal.so is in salhelper/source/../../sal/unxdflyx3.pro/lib
>
> I'm not sure what file should be where; the amount of symbolic links is a
> bit confusing...

So libuno_sal.so should indeed be built into
sal/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so
so that looks fine, "deliver" should automatically link/copy it to
solver/330/unxdflyx3.pro/lib/libuno_sal.so
so that looks fine.

so if you do a export VERBOSE=true and run dmake as per the build failed
message shown you should have a g++ line like...

g++ ...
-L../unxdflyx3.pro/lib
-L/path/to/solver/330/unxdflyx3.pro/lib

so check if /path/to/solver is correct, perhaps the source/buildtree got
moved or moved around. Is this head or 3.3.X branch ?

C.