[Libreoffice] Supported arches

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Feb 15 09:34:43 PST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 06:14:36PM +0100, Thomas Arnhold wrote:

> i stumbled across some precompiler checks for several (deprecated?) arches:
>
> HP9000 (already removed some parts of this)
> SINIX
> RM400
>
> There is a full list of this stuff at bootstrap/solenv/bin/modules/osarch.pm

We also have at least msdos and Atari ST in dmake/

> My question: Is there a official list of supported hardware platforms or
> operating systems? I think we should remove this old stuff, because
> nearly nobody compiles and runs LibO on this systems - if they are in
> use anymore.

I'm new to the project, so I don't know if there is anything official either,
but my guess on the CPU architectures LO runs and may run on in a near future
would be:

- i386 / amd64
- power / powerppc
- sparc / sparc64
- arm
- mips
- alpha

Everything else is questionnable.

Once I'm done with the DragonFLy porting, I plan to remove all traces of
OSF1 / DECUNIX and 386BSD (which has been dead since 1993 or so)

--
Francois Tigeot