[Libreoffice] Comment-translation of writer/sw/source/ui/config

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 24 12:31:20 PST 2011

On 02/24/2011 08:33 PM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 19:46 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

>> Martin i think it would be easier as well as not to end up having ur
>> email black listed for sending out large amounts of emails, but if its
>> for a single module i would attach them all in one email.
>
> For the record this is what git send-email --thread --no-change-reply-to
> does, which the guideline mentions.

yes.... but it does not recommend to make a commit per file for the same
task within the same directory...

Looking at the patches, there are some with 1 line changed in one file.
In this case, I would recommend to have one commit for translation
within a directory.

If you are programming, you will very often not be able to have one
commit with just one file changed, knowing that a commit should be
"compilable and runnable"...

Martin, you can still locally commit as often as you did. But when you
are finished with your work, you can group together commits where it
makes sense. (in your case, e.g. one commit for translation per
directory, except with extra-big file for example). Just beware, still
holds to the rule 1 commit is compilable....

For this you can use git rebase -i. At
http://book.git-scm.com/4_interactive_rebasing.html
you have a good explanation.

At the end, you can then send the git send-mail, with the fewer number
of commits. (I am not sure if this could be achieved on the fly, but I
think this could be risky, a least too risky for me...)

I hope this can help
regards
Pierre-André