[Libreoffice] Nonsense comments?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 12:46:36 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 20:37 +0100, Christina Roßmanith wrote:
> I'd suggest to remove the comments. It always follows the pattern

Seems reasonable, though this reminds me...

timar: po files can have translator-comments in them to help translators
about ambiguous terms/words, while the .src/.sdf format doesn't though,
right ? I recall a problem with trying to get the Spanish translation of
an obscure paper size (8.5" x 13" ) set as "Oficio" given that this
paper size is known as that in the handful of Latin American nations
that use it, rather than some literal Spanish translation of "Long Bond"
as the size is known in e.g. the Philippines. Would it be helpful to
have a medium-level hack to add translator-comment support to the
translation tools to help flag that sort of thing ?

> One of these messages is "Subpoints per level" which should be subitems.

FWIW, this connects to file->send->create autoabstract/autoabstract to
presentation. e.g. source document of "heading 1", followed by three
paragraph of "foo", file->send->autoabstract to presentation, 1 subpoint
per level ends up with "heading 1" with the first "foo" turned into a
subpoint of the heading 1. "Subitems" doesn't really grab me, while
subpoint sort of fits the output presentation. Don't really have an
opinion, but at least this is the dialog it appears in.

C.