[Libreoffice] [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 11.4 RC2 Steps Out

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:07:01 PST 2011

On 2011-02-28 Andreas wrote:
> On Monday, February 28, 2011 11:46:03 Petr Mladek wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Andreas Jaeger píše v Po 28. 02. 2011 v 09:49 +0100:
> > > The transition from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice still has a few
> > > minor documentation blips but more importantly, users should be
> > > cautious. The raft of new functionality has created a few
> > > specific issues, such as loss of data in tables. Though not
> > > quite ready for the production environment, user feedback is
> > > critical for smoothing performance and reliability.
> >
> > I am not aware of any data loos in tables. Could you please be more
> > specific? Is there any bug number?
>
> Since i have not found a single bug report for this, I changed the
> text on news.opensuse.org for now until this gets clarified. The
> persons writing the text are currently travelling back from SCALE,
> so I cannot get a direct answer from them ;-(

Helen wrote this, I am not aware of the specific problem either. What I
am aware of is that LibreOffice for 11.3 is quite unstable - I get
frequent crashes (one was when copying slides from one presentation to
another) and problems with saving and reading files (eg loosing text
formatting etc). I hope to upgrade to RC2+ when I get home. I will have
to update/modify a bunch of slides so I will report any bugs I can
reproduce.

Otherwise LibreOffice seems faster than the previous OO version so count
me in as a happy user ;-)