[Libreoffice] Formula cursor : bug or feature ?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Jan 3 05:02:05 PST 2011

Hi Regina,

On 2010-12-31 at 14:21 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:

> >> (Aside from that I have a lot of other wishes, for example: Free choice
> >> of color, nice scaling integral sign, easier way to add new symbols,
> >> alignment to equal sign in stacks and matrices, inheritance of font size
> >> from environment or style.)
> >
> > Go ahead and file all these to the Easy Hacks too! :-)
>
> It is no Wiki, so I cannot do it technically, and with regards to
> content, I do not know whether they are "Easy".

My point of view is that with enough guidance, every task is easy
enough, or can be split into easy enough ones ;-)  So let's file it
there, if there is somebody interested, I think we can shape some code
pointers etc. too.  So far I filed it here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks#General_formula_editor_improvements

This is a wiki, you just need to create an account - please feel free to
extend it with more information :-)

> And please - don't bash Jonas for the great work he's done, I am sure he
> aims to make
> it perfect for everyone;
>
> Please excuse me. I am sad that my posts has caused such an impression.
> Jonas, I would never bash you.

I am sorry I read it as such.

> I guess it is enough, that they are in the OOo Issuetracker. But you are
> right for remarks concerning new visual formula editor. I'll file bug
> reports.

Would be great to add URLs of these to the "General formula editor
improvements" too, so that we have a collection of the painful use
cases.

Thank you,
Kendy