[Libreoffice] making binfilter aka StarOffice FileFormat read-only

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 7 05:54:56 PST 2011

Hi Pierre,

	This looks like a really useful start :-)

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 13:27 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> > Second issue I see: (I just though of it right now, did not yet test /
> > investigate): with opening in read/write and without EXPORT filter, what
> > happens with the auto-save option, after some changes have been done?
>
> No idea, without testing myself.  I think we could fallback to
> autosaving in ODF format, if we do not do it yet ;-)

	Autosave happens to your home directory in ~/.libreoffice or
equivalent, and in ODF (or should do), so this shouldn't be a major
issue.

> I'd still prefer not to set the read-only flag if possible, it is a
> terribly annoying feature [see the other threads about read-only mode].

	Agreed, read-only mode is an abomination in my view.

	Anyhow - just wondering how this is progressing ? :-) and looking
forward to having it integrated.

	ATB,

		Michael.