[Libreoffice] Linux distros and LibO packaging

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Sun Jan 9 07:11:43 PST 2011

Hi all,

I think that we should have a webpage where Linux distributions who are
packaging LibO, could list what changes they made compared to the
"official" build by TDF.

I see two main advantages :
- for users and helpers : they will know easier if a problem comes from
LibO or from packaging
- for QA : it will be easier to know if a test done, for example on a
version from Ubuntu PPA, may be consider as valid or not for LibO from a
general point of view.

Last but not least, that will increase transparency : we will know what
we are talking about when we will talk about LibreOffice. ;-)

So, is it a good idea to ask the Linux distributions to publish the
changes they made to the official build ?

Best regards
JBF