[Libreoffice] Splitting up source/header files for clarity

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Jan 10 04:56:32 PST 2011

> - Is it best to make one file for each class, or keep them together
> and make one funcdesc.cxx (containing four classes)?

I'd say one file, funcdesc.cxx, corresponding to funcdesc.hxx. But that is just my personal opinion.

> - Should the license header for the new file(s) be a copy of the
> license header from global.cxx (as the code is copied out), or the new
> Libo header?

As the code is the same (just rearranged into different files), the license header should be the same.

> - Is it enough to add the new file(s) to
> sc/source/core/data/makefile.mk for building,

Yes, that should be enough for your testing; if/when you then want to make a patch out of it, you need to git add the new files to your local repository clone.)

--tml