[Libreoffice] making binfilter aka StarOffice FileFormat read-only

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 13 03:52:23 PST 2011

Hi Pierre,

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 00:15 +0100, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:
> >> The filter, despite write is not usable (no export). ...
> >> So ideally could it be: not export, READONLY and pop-up ?? :- /
> > I'd still prefer not to set the read-only flag if possible, it is a
>
> After playing a bit, I agree, and I think it will be possible to handle
> that in a proper way.
>
> Just stupid question: should a warning pop-up really be set ?

	Not if it causes some an ugly nastiness :-)

> Finally, making the binfilter import only (i.e without export / write
> functionality) is a shared property of ALL file formats which (would not
> have) / have not the EXPORT flag set. Nothing to do with legacy or not...

	True.

> I found a place to put such a pop-up (but I think this is quite a dirty
> place):

	:-)

	Personally, I think we can avoid this. Anyone expecting to save in this
ten+ year old, shocking format is deranged anyway, so there is not much
we can do to help them with dialogs I suspect :-)

	So - if we drop that; where are we at ? :-) If we can load the file,
edit it, and hit 'save as' (without having to click the "get me out of !
#$#$%#%ing read-only-mode" button) I'm thrilled, lets merge it and start
write specific ripping junk out of the binfilter code :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.