[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names

plino pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:12:17 PST 2011

Michael, please don't regard this as a personal complaint.

I think many users who are currently using OOo will have this problem when
they try LO (and update any of them).

I think it's a bad idea to cause grievance to users who are giving it a go.
IMO it will make them stick to OOo...

Changing this now would be a wiser option.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I can manually change the exe names to
l*.exe (as long as I don't rename soffice.exe which must be fixed
internally) without any loss in functionality. I think this proves that it's
a minor change for the program but a major change for usability.

Just my 2 cents.