[Libreoffice] debug build fails because graphite ./configure not up to date

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:38:34 PST 2011

Hi *,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> [...]

configure discrepancy left aside, but...

> The problem is that graphite does not build with -Werror in debug
> mode; one of the least fixable reasons is that it uses asserts left
> and right, asserts are *designed* to always be true,

No. it is /assumed/ that they will evaluate to true,

> sometimes gcc
> detects that they are (e.g. when comparing an unsigned integer type
> with 0), this raises a warning that gets treated as error because of
> -Werror.

Sorry - but when checking whether an unsigned type is larger or equals
zero, then this is a bug in the assertion and the compiler rightfully
complains about stupid code that could be written as "true" instead.

But maybe I misunderstand... Do you have an example?

And yes, the attached patch is of course good.

ciao
Christian