[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Sat Jan 15 09:02:59 PST 2011

Hi,

2011/1/15 Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM, plino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jesús, thank you for the new build. Unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem.
>> Even if it did, the next time a user installs an OOo update wouldn't the
>> problem appear again? If you add your fix to LO only, OOo updates won't
>> unfix it?
>
> Yes, that's my primary purpose: that other updates don't unfix it.
> Installing the build and then OOo 3.3 works fine for me.
>
> We are going into the right direction, but it seems it's not ready
> yet. What scenario are you testing?
>

>> I can't see any other permanent solution than renaming the exes...
>
> Unfortunately this will only fixes part of the problem. And also it's
> different to rename the exes when the program is already installed
> than installing the exes with different names. And an update will
> unfix everything.
>
>> BTW I have NEVER said it's a minor change. I'm just saying that it's better
>> to do this change sooner than later.
>>
>> And my only argument for changing this now is that I think the first
>> impression is really important.  If the first release is successful most
>> people will stick with LO from the beginning.
>
> I agree with that.
>
> I will post another build today night or tomorrow.

Btw, I just tried the following scenarios:

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 -> LibO 3.3 RC3 -> OpenOffice 3.3 -> Doesn't work

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 -> LibO 3.3 (my build)  -> OpenOffice 3.3 ->
Works perfectly fine.

So I am quite happy with the results :))

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member