[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Sat Jan 15 08:17:26 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM, plino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jesús, thank you for the new build. Unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem.
> Even if it did, the next time a user installs an OOo update wouldn't the
> problem appear again? If you add your fix to LO only, OOo updates won't
> unfix it?

Yes, that's my primary purpose: that other updates don't unfix it.
Installing the build and then OOo 3.3 works fine for me.

We are going into the right direction, but it seems it's not ready
yet. What scenario are you testing?

> I can't see any other permanent solution than renaming the exes...

Unfortunately this will only fixes part of the problem. And also it's
different to rename the exes when the program is already installed
than installing the exes with different names. And an update will
unfix everything.

> BTW I have NEVER said it's a minor change. I'm just saying that it's better
> to do this change sooner than later.
>
> And my only argument for changing this now is that I think the first
> impression is really important.  If the first release is successful most
> people will stick with LO from the beginning.

I agree with that.

I will post another build today night or tomorrow.

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member