[Libreoffice] Why the heck was help ripped out of the linux langpacks? (and that *between RCs*)

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Sun Jan 16 14:40:59 PST 2011

Hi Andras,

On 2011-01-14 at 12:31 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > By the way, when will localized helps be uploaded to wiki? (Yet
> > another frequently asked question by localizers.)
>
> 	I suspect we need to do that Monday; when Kendy gets back.

I wanted to agree on the general approach to localization first; and I
am happy that we came to a conclusion in the 'LO Pootle' thread, so now
we have to implement that :-)

Of course, I can just generate the translated versions without the
possibility to update them, until the LO Pootle contains the wikihelp
translations too [based on 1) we agreed that wikihelp must be
translatable using Pootle, and 2) Pootle will work over po files stored
in git].  If we all agree that it is better to provide the translated
versions first (but without the possibility to update them easily), and
then continue with the framework to update the translations, I can of
course do it as the first step, and continue with the rest later.

Regards,
Kendy