[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jan 17 01:33:02 PST 2011

Hi there,

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 04:12 -0800, plino wrote:
> Michael, please don't regard this as a personal complaint.

	I take all bugs very personally ;-)

> I think it's a bad idea to cause grievance to users who are giving it a go.
> IMO it will make them stick to OOo...

	So - I think we need to make it clear that our point-zero release, is
exactly that - we will be releasing incremental updates that fix bugs,
and improve things; of course.

> Changing this now would be a wiser option.

	If we had a workign fix to ship today, that was well tested - we could
consider it, but the scope for mayhem is quite high with this sort of
change. Better to merge a fix only when we have a good one, and have a
release not for it I think [ though thanks for bringing this to our
attention ].

	Also - it must be the case that StarOffice & OO.o had the same kind of
co-existance problems in the past (surely) ?

	Anyhow - thanks for helping Jesus test this, and looking forward to
seeing it fixed.

	All the best,

		Michael.