[Libreoffice] Basic/newbie "how to build" questions

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 03:40:42 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 01:23 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1)
> When I run ./autogen.sh with --enable-ext-FOO, it complains that
> extension is not there and asks me if I have downloaded the -ext
> tarball. But
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
> is rather mum about that. Where is that tarball, where do I have to
> put it, and why doesn't "make" download it automatically like the 70
> others it puts in src/ ?

Probably an oversight that they're not auto-downloaded, though ideally
they would be downloaded only if enabled. The wiki really only documents
the most straightforward ./autogen.sh && make at the moment without
getting stuck into the vast set of configure options we have :-)

> When the build fails, I get an icon in my notification area (and a
> pop-up). That's nice, but when the build fails a second time, a second
> icon is added, then a third, etc.

Hmm, doesn't happen here FWIW when I hack something to force a failed
build. I get a failed icon, but it goes away. Maybe dig into that
zenity_close in solenv/bin/build.pl

C.