[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 17:38:27 PST 2011

On 01/17/2011 12:59 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/15/2011 03:43 AM, Jesús Corrius wrote:
>> I have made a full build with my patch, so anyone can test it. You can
>> download it here:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/193133/LibO_3.3.0rc2_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe
>>
>> This build is from the current master unstable branch, not the stable
>> 3.3, but it doesn't matter as the only thing that has to be tested is
>> the installation and the file associations.
>>
>> With those changes the user will be prompted to reboot the system in
>> many circumstances when OOo is also installed in the system (the same
>> will happen to OOo users who want both programs installed at the same
>> time) as there are now two different programs updating the same
>> registry values. Before people start complaining, this is the way
>> Windows works and I can't do nothing about it.
>>
>> The sooner this build is properly tested, the faster the code will be
>> merged in the appropiate branches.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Thanks! I've been travelling, but I'm back now and will try to test
> later this evening on WinXP.

OK. Briefly tested and here is what I've found so far:

1. LO & OOo need to be uninstalled completely and then reinstalled. In
this test I installed OOo 3.2.1 back, checked to see that .odt files
were associated properly. I then installed your version of LO & now when
I right-click an .odt I do get the option to open in MS Word (Sun ODF
plugin), OOo, or LO.

2. The program files still use soffice.exe etc. This IMO is still a
problem. For example; if I do Start|Run|soffice LO still takes over.

'soffice' et al should be, and must be, allocated to OOo _not_ LO. LO
should have it's own executable's as pointed out in the OP so that there
is no confusion between OOo and LO on both the part of the user and/or
OS registry entries.

I'll be happy to do more tests if you'll let me know additional items
you'd like me to test (and how). Please note that I generally use linux,
so all of my testing is in a WinXP virtual environment, or a dual-boot Win7