[Libreoffice] Change executable/sh names
glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 18:24:56 PST 2011
On 01/17/2011 05:38 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/17/2011 12:59 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 01/15/2011 03:43 AM, Jesús Corrius wrote:
>>> I have made a full build with my patch, so anyone can test it. You can
>>> download it here:
>>> This build is from the current master unstable branch, not the stable
>>> 3.3, but it doesn't matter as the only thing that has to be tested is
>>> the installation and the file associations.
>>> With those changes the user will be prompted to reboot the system in
>>> many circumstances when OOo is also installed in the system (the same
>>> will happen to OOo users who want both programs installed at the same
>>> time) as there are now two different programs updating the same
>>> registry values. Before people start complaining, this is the way
>>> Windows works and I can't do nothing about it.
>>> The sooner this build is properly tested, the faster the code will be
>>> merged in the appropiate branches.
>> Thanks! I've been travelling, but I'm back now and will try to test
>> later this evening on WinXP.
> OK. Briefly tested and here is what I've found so far:
> 1. LO & OOo need to be uninstalled completely and then reinstalled. In
> this test I installed OOo 3.2.1 back, checked to see that .odt files
> were associated properly. I then installed your version of LO & now when
> I right-click an .odt I do get the option to open in MS Word (Sun ODF
> plugin), OOo, or LO.
> 2. The program files still use soffice.exe etc. This IMO is still a
> problem. For example; if I do Start|Run|soffice LO still takes over.
> 'soffice' et al should be, and must be, allocated to OOo _not_ LO. LO
> should have it's own executable's as pointed out in the OP so that there
> is no confusion between OOo and LO on both the part of the user and/or
> OS registry entries.
> I'll be happy to do more tests if you'll let me know additional items
> you'd like me to test (and how). Please note that I generally use linux,
> so all of my testing is in a WinXP virtual environment, or a dual-boot Win7
Added point: when searching the Win Registry for 'libre' I find (hand
typed so some mistakes may be there):
and the 'data' bit is:
C\"Program Files\Libreoffice 3\program\libowriter.exe
there is no such file on the system.
And of course under My Computer/HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-..long
numbers\Software\LibreOffice\LibreOffice 3.3\Start Menu I find
soffice.exe, sbase.exe, etc., etc.
More information about the LibreOffice