[Libreoffice] 2 questions

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:34:14 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Julien Nabet <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I' ve got these 2 questions :
> 1)
> After a make, make dev-install. If I found a problem with LO, can I just do
> this :
> - source Linux...
> - go to the module I suppose there's the pb
> - make the change
> - build && deliver
> - make dev-install
> ?
> Or must I :
> - remove the directory of the install
> - make the change
> - make (global make so)
> - make dev-install

That depend on the nature of the change, but if you change some c++ in
something that is built into a dll/so then the former is fine, except
that either way you do not need to re-run dev-install (the whole point
of dev-install is so that the 'installed' library are in fact pseudo
installed. there are link to the solver. so after the deliver, the
current install should pick-up the changes.

Norbert