[Libreoffice] ok to use MacPorts for dependencies??

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:26:47 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM, David Dumaresq <dfdumaresq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian, et al,
>
> On 2011-01-24, at 7:00 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>
>> Hi David, *,

>>> So what you're saying is, if my goal is to develop for libreOffice on OSX, I don't need any of the dependencies mentioned above.
>>
>> Exactly. You only need XCode with the 10.4u SDK when using --disable-mozilla
>>
>> Unless you want to hack on document signing, ldap access or mozilla
>> address book integration, you don't need mozilla.
>>
>> ciao
>> Christian
>
> After removing & cleaning up the macport packages (coreutils, etc), I installed git and downloaded the source and attempt to run ./autogen.sh
>
>>./autogen.sh
> ./autogen.sh: /usr/local/bin/aclocal: /opt/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> I'm not sure what believes perl is in /opt/local/bin? On my system (osx 10.6.6), perl is in /usr/bin
>
> I have since created a sym link and autogen runs, but I wonder if you have any ideas about this?

Could it be that you had a perl pulled in via macport, and you removed
it but it was still in the shell hash table ?
iow: if you remove the link, open a brand new terminal windows and run
autogen.sh there, do you still have the problem ?

other possibility. when you use ./autogen.sh, without any parameters,
it'll try to re-use the parameters you use during the last autogen.sh
(see autogen.lastrun)
if you want to make sure that you run an autogen without any parameter you need
./autogen.sh --
or rm autogen.lastrun  then  autogen.sh
if your previous autogen.sh run contained --with-perl-home= you would
pick it up again...

Norbert