[Libreoffice] ok to use MacPorts for dependencies??

David Dumaresq dfdumaresq at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:36:46 PST 2011

On 2011-01-24, at 4:26 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

>>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./autogen.sh: /usr/local/bin/aclocal: /opt/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>>
>> I'm not sure what believes perl is in /opt/local/bin? On my system (osx 10.6.6), perl is in /usr/bin
>>
>> I have since created a sym link and autogen runs, but I wonder if you have any ideas about this?
>
> Could it be that you had a perl pulled in via macport, and you removed
> it but it was still in the shell hash table ?
> iow: if you remove the link, open a brand new terminal windows and run
> autogen.sh there, do you still have the problem ?
>
> other possibility. when you use ./autogen.sh, without any parameters,
> it'll try to re-use the parameters you use during the last autogen.sh
> (see autogen.lastrun)
> if you want to make sure that you run an autogen without any parameter you need
> ./autogen.sh --
> or rm autogen.lastrun  then  autogen.sh
> if your previous autogen.sh run contained --with-perl-home= you would
> pick it up again...
>
> Norbert

I've solved my issue with aclocal looking for /opt/local/bin/perl.

At some earlier time, I must have pulled perl in using MacPorts, and then when I followed the dependency steps of installing automake (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Install_Mac_OS_10.6.4_Dependencies) ./configure determined the location of perl in /opt/local/bin and proceeded to build aclocal, which is used by autogen.sh.

I'm glad to have cleared that up. Now on to the fun stuff. (well it's all fun, isn't it...until someone pokes an eye out). ;)

Dave