[Libreoffice] LO 3.3 release. Why there no PR or celebration?

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Tue Jan 25 07:59:52 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 15:35 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Nadav,
>
> On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 16:37 +0200, Nadav Vinik wrote:
> > I saw that LO 3.3 released:
> > http://www.libreoffice.org/download
> >
> > As the first stable version of LO, why there aren't any PR?
>
> 	No PR ? :-)
>
> > even the home page don't mention it.

Howdy,

Well the user/enthusiast base (perhaps that is the term) sure hit it
big. Just before the announcements (blog, announce list, first press
coverage) the LibreOffice twitter stream was running at it's normal
baseline of ~20 posts per hour - that stream peaked about 2 hours ago at
687 posts per hour - currently running in the low 400's with a bevy of
on-line publications posting release announcement stories within the
last hours. (and when I say bevy I mean bevy - found a 2 paragraph
announcement at the Omaha Nebraska paper's website..Omaha Nebraska?..OK
it wasn't quite as prominent as the daily farm report but one has to
consider the local, which makes it fairly impressive actually)

> 	Are you certain ? ;-) read again - I guess perhaps the blog entry is
> not so prominent at the bottom ... perhaps we could have a more
> happy/clappy type front-page for the first day.
>
> 	Then again - this is the 1st time most people will hit that page I
> suspect. Perhaps for our next release, we will have an orange and green
> blink-tag saying "New" ;-)

Really - well if that is what you want...*chuckle*

Drew