[Libreoffice] compilation fail for branch feature/gnumake2.1

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:07:40 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Julien Nabet <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made a make clean yesterday evening.
> I "git updated" even today followed with an autogen.sh and the compilation
> fails with this :
>  build -- version: 275224
>

> =============
> Building module libwpd
> =============
> Entering /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd
>
> dmake:  Error: --
> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
> not found, and can't be made
> Forcing regeneration of dependency info
>
> nothing to do here...
> dmake:  Error: --
> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
> not found, and can't be made
> Retrying /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd
>
> dmake:  Error: --
> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
> not found, and can't be made

>        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
>  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
>            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
>
>  it seems that the error is inside 'libwpd', please re-run build
>  inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:
>

> Even if i do a :
> rm -Rf /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd/unxlngi6.pro
> then a build, I've got the same thing.

sorry for the late reply...

I could not reproduce, but the symptom remind me of src/* issue I've
encounter before.
What happened to me was that my bash environment got messed up and
somehow I was picking up the src/* file from somewhere else than need
be
I also have had issue switch branch where some file that were created
on the original branch but did not exist in the branch switched to
would cause some trouble.

One way to eliminate these cause of trouble:

open a brand new terminal,
go to you bootstrap repo
checkout the branch you need (or at least make sure that 'all' the git
repos are on the branch you think they should be (./g branch)
./g reset --hard and ./g clean -f to make sure that there is no ghost
then make clean; autogen; make

I have built that branch on Linux and MacOS, in both mode. the regular
mode yield good functional product on both platform, the gnumake also,
except that starmath doesn't launch on Linux.

Since then, a few issue with Windows were found, and I have an
un-published yet gnumake2.2 branch that contains fix for these and is
rebased on a more recent master.

We are about to kick start the 3.4 dev cycle, merging a lot of stuff
from OOo, including a lot of gnumake2 work that was done there. It is
unclear yet if I am going to merge my feature branch or just tweak
things after we merge DEV300...

In any case, thanks for your help with this.

Norbert