[Libreoffice] compilation fail for branch feature/gnumake2.1

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 27 14:48:44 PST 2011

Le 27/01/2011 07:07, Norbert Thiebaud a écrit :
> [...]
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I made a make clean yesterday evening.
>> I "git updated" even today followed with an autogen.sh and the compilation
>> fails with this :
>>   build -- version: 275224
>>

>> =============
>> Building module libwpd
>> =============
>> Entering /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd
>>
>> dmake:  Error: --
>> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
>> not found, and can't be made
>> Forcing regeneration of dependency info
>>
>> nothing to do here...
>> dmake:  Error: --
>> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
>> not found, and can't be made
>> Retrying /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd
>>
>> dmake:  Error: --
>> `./unxlngi6.pro/misc/5ff846847dab351604ad859e2fd4ed3c-libwpd-0.9.1.unpack'
>> not found, and can't be made

>>         Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
>>   For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
>>             http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
>>
>>   it seems that the error is inside 'libwpd', please re-run build
>>   inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:
>>

>> Even if i do a :
>> rm -Rf /home/maryline/gnumakelibreoffice/libo/libwpd/unxlngi6.pro
>> then a build, I've got the same thing.
>>
> sorry for the late reply...
>
> I could not reproduce, but the symptom remind me of src/* issue I've
> encounter before.
> What happened to me was that my bash environment got messed up and
> somehow I was picking up the src/* file from somewhere else than need
> be
> I also have had issue switch branch where some file that were created
> on the original branch but did not exist in the branch switched to
> would cause some trouble.
>
> One way to eliminate these cause of trouble:
>
> open a brand new terminal,
> go to you bootstrap repo
> checkout the branch you need (or at least make sure that 'all' the git
> repos are on the branch you think they should be (./g branch)
> ./g reset --hard and ./g clean -f to make sure that there is no ghost
> then make clean; autogen; make
>
> I have built that branch on Linux and MacOS, in both mode. the regular
> mode yield good functional product on both platform, the gnumake also,
> except that starmath doesn't launch on Linux.
>
> Since then, a few issue with Windows were found, and I have an
> un-published yet gnumake2.2 branch that contains fix for these and is
> rebased on a more recent master.
>
> We are about to kick start the 3.4 dev cycle, merging a lot of stuff
> from OOo, including a lot of gnumake2 work that was done there. It is
> unclear yet if I am going to merge my feature branch or just tweak
> things after we merge DEV300...
>
> In any case, thanks for your help with this.

To test this branch, I didn't switch the branch of my libo repository, i
created a new directory.
Then, I followed the native build page
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build), except I
added a -b parameter for the git clone command to retrieve this specific
branch.
Then, I just did the usual way :
./autogen.sh (without arguments) then make and make dev-install.
Either I can wait for the merge of DEV300 or I can restart from scratch.
It doesn't matter for me, I can keep on the cppcheck task on the master
directory but between these 2 possibilities, I don't know what's the
best thing to do.